Sunday, April 11, 2010

Week of Tragedy and Celebration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUVr9c8mdHw

As I reflect on this last week, I stand in awe of my God. I have watched a dear friend loose her husband tragically. I have watched a friend be reunited with her daughter that was missing for a month. I have celebrated my son's 12th birthday and am watching him turn into a young man. I have celebrated my daughter's 5th birthday, remembering how a year ago, we were just hearing about a possible referral. Life is so fast paced at times. Things are going good, it seems to fly by. Then something tragic comes...a loss of life, a loved one lost and everything seems to stop. But life doesn't stop, it keeps going. At times, very difficultly. I praise God that we don't have to do it alone. I heard a song tonight that reminded me my God never lets go.

No matter what we are walking through, He is there. He is hugging us in our victories and holding us in our pain. Even when we don't "feel" it, He is so faithful. Even when we are not faithful, He is. I am reminded that nothing comes as a surprise to Him. On our adoption journey there were many times I felt forgotten or felt like I was being punished. As I listened to this song, I was reminded how during those times, He was working things out exactly according to His plan. His timing has been perfect. He never let go, even when I felt forgotten. He was growing my and my family's faith and trust in Him. My prayer for my friends and for you is that they and you feel his loving arms never letting you go! That is the love He has for His children. Can you call him Father?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, God is here...every step of the way! I love you friend and thank you for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete