Thursday, October 7, 2010

Perfectionistic Procrastinator





Ok, so here it is, months after my last post and promising friends I would update from Slovenia. Why do I not blog? It is because I want it to be perfect. I have things to say, stories to tell, but worry it won't be just right. I am realizing I do this with a lot of things. Getting out of our comfort zone and risking being less than perfect can be a scary place. Well here we are now in Ljubljana, Slovenia. (It has taken me until now, to spell it correctly without looking it up...I still fumble as I say it though.) I have had to go beyond my comfort zone in many areas and of course, I am reminded I am not perfect and never will be, but each time I am stretched a bit more, I grow and learn. That is what life is isn't it?
If you don't know we moved to Slovenia in July as Layne is stationed here with the Embassy. There is no military base here, like we are used to, so we are living as true locals (with the support of our embassy here). Luckily most people here speak English, so it is easy to communicate. The kids are at the British International School and are loving it. They are having discussions that are truly life expanding for them. I will have to let Bec do a post on all of her conversations with her classmates on what Americans really are like. (She is the only American.) They have a hard time believing Mtv is not a real representation of American life. Scary huh?
The pics from this post are of our new city.
I am going to do my best to update this frequently so you can join us on this adventure. There is just so much to share. You have my permission to hold me accountable on this, so email me, facebook me, whatever it takes. I will NOT let my perfectionism cause procrastination any longer. (in this area as well as many others.) Ciao! (CHOW...goodbye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment