Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Getting Ready to Go

Well the countdown is down. Less than 36 hours to go until we leave on our journey! Are we ready to go? I wish I could say yes. Emotionally and mentally...yes, but physically...well, let's just say we are still working on it. I still have to pack, but most of our shopping and running is done. The house is fairly clean and there is actually food in the freezer for when the boys come home the middle of June. Ideas keep popping in my head as to things we should have done or need to do and I am trying to stay very focused and let God prioritize what He needs done by us. We fly out Friday afternoon and I will try to post over the weekend from Lima. I am so excited to see this country. I hear only amazing things about it!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! I am sure you will take tons of photos... but one thing we loved was having family post some of the pictures we had taken in Peru around the house and in the kids' new rooms for when we came home. It was cool for them to see their new house and see their faces already in place. Maybe the guys can do that while they wait on you to get home?
    We can't wait to read about your adventures! God bless you all!
    The Gans'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this is SO EXCITING!!
    We are looking forward to hearing more updates of your trip as it is getting near.
    We will be praying for you, for your safety to & from and of course when you get to meet Alex. That it will go well.
    Don't forget batteries for your camera etc! :)

    ReplyDelete