Wednesday, June 24, 2009

HOME!


We have been home 3 full days now and are getting into a good schedule. For those of you who know us well, you know that is not very natural for us! I found out a nap after lunch makes the rest of the day so much easier and bedtime easier as well. Alexandra seems to enjoy her bed and her room, though she still wants me with her whenever she falls asleep. I don't mind at all as I know that is a sign of us bonding. A welcome sign after a weekend of being swatted away and her wiping off any kiss I gave her. I think I was more disappointed in myself for letting it get to me like it did. I knew better than to take it personally.


Once the week started Monday and we both had had plenty more sleep, things improved dramatically. Layne was able to be home Monday with us and shop with us, so that was a blessing. She is now calling us Mami and Daddy instead of Mama and Papa and is using other English words as well. We just had a huge "win" this morning as she was trying to tell me something and getting very frustrated with me and I just couldn't figure it out. She wasn't trying to show me what it was, so I grabbed the Spanish dictionary to see if I could figure it out. I have been hesitant in doing that as most things she says (like most 4 year olds) don't come out like they would be written, so it hasn't been of much use. This time it was...SCORE! POPSICLE! She wanted a popsicle! I pulled one out and held it up and she yelled "Si, si!" I started jumping up and down and she did too. After all that, I wasn't about to tell her we normally don't have popsicles at 10 am. Today we are!


We haven't gone out much at all...just to Target to buy some summer clothes and another bathing suit...and to Wal Mart to buy a new car seat (one that Miss Independent can buckle herself :). She has already spent a lot of time in my bathtub playing and outside playing in the hose. She LOVES the water and thinks it funny when I call her "mi chiquita pescado" (my little fish). I can't wait to get her in the pool.


Becca has enjoyed being back with her friends, especially since she finally got texting. She even got to go to Six Flags yesterday with her friends. The boys are enjoying playing in the water outside with Alexandra and checking out the girly toys they never played with. All in all, things are pretty peaceful at the Trosper house. (Except when Alexandra wants to "play" legos with her brothers.)


Speaking of house..we have a new resident in ours. While we were away a mouse decided to take up residence here. Drake told us he saw one in the kitchen the other night, but we were doubtful. Last night, we found "evidence". It looks like he took over the kitchen while we were gone. He doesn't know it yet, but all out war has been declared on him as I don't do well with anything living in my house, other than my family! Hopefully by tonight, I will have my kitchen back!


This morning was the first time in quite a while, I was able to get up before everyone and have some great quiet time on the patio with my cup of coffee. It was so wonderful. Oh how I took all those mornings the kids were all at school for granted! God was gracious enough to give me a very cool verse. "By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches." Prov 24:3-4 As I have wondered how I am going to know what to do and not do as I parent Alexandra (as well as Becca, Drake and Luke!) this morning He reminded me it is by wisdom. That wisdom I know doesn't come from me, but from Him. I am asking Him to give me that wisdom, understanding, and knowledge, so that Alexandra can feel such a part of this family and know Christ's love for her!


Thank you for your continued prayers. Being home has already made such a difference.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog and love catching up with you and your family. I'm so happy Alexandra is adjusting. You're wonderful to open your home and your heart to her. She will love being your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always a blessing my dear. I get so much from you even by reading your blogs.
    Miss you terribly!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing how things are going and the reality of bringing home a 4 year old Spanish speaking child. I just keep picturing you guys trying to figure out what she was saying. How is she doing with meeting all the new people? Does she get overwhelmed by everyone?

    ReplyDelete