Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fingerprints!


Today has been a much better day! Alexandra and I have seemed to get into a new level of communication. We also got to the US Embassy today to turn in all of our Peruvian paperwork and her new birth certificates as well as her passport. It was a little nerve wracking making sure we had all the paperwork in order before we left and at one point I thought I had left a form at home. Come to find out the same form can be one of 2 different numbers...oh the government. I should be used to this being military! Anyhow, the next hickup was when the lady behind the counter asked where the father was. GULP! He is back in the states. We had copies of his passport and I have power of attorney, but that wasn't going to be enough. Before I called Layne to find out who we needed to call, I remembered that we had a Peruvian lawyer draw up a power of attorney to get me through the airport to take Alex with me. (Since she will still be a Peruvian citizen at that point, both parents have to consent to take a child out of the country, so we had that drawn up so they would let her leave with me!) Praise God that was enough for them to believe he had been in country. Whew!

So we left our paperwork there and were told, we will call you when we are ready! ARGH! What does that mean? One day, two days, three days? I am believing God for this and will expect a call soon! After they call, we can go back to the Embassy to get Alexandra's visa. Once we have that we can come home! YEAH!!!!

As I got copies of all of our documents today, I received the official letter that was issued when our dossier was approved last summer. It was dated June 11, 2008. Guess what day we finished everything here with the Peruvian side of things? Of course, June 11, 2009. One year to the day Peru said they approved us, we received her birth certificates with our names as her parents and received her passport and signed our final SNA document. (This is also the date that Layne proposed to me in 1993!) It is just one more of God's fingerprints...they are all over this process for us. It was a reminder to me that there are no coincidences, only God's perfect timing. I was thinking of all the days I doubted this would finally come to pass or thinking God had forgotten His Word to us. He is soverign! His timing is ALWAYS perfect when we are abiding in Him! I praise Him tonight for Alexandra and for the wait we had as it caused us to seek Him and believe Him like never before!

One last example of God's fingerprints I want to share is Alexandra's birthday. I know many of you knew how excited we were that we were meeting her on her birthday. Well in her official Abandonment Decree it was discovered that her actual birthday is April 11, 2005, not May 25, 2005 like was on her referral paperwork we received. All I can say is God authored that May 25th birthday long ago and knew that would be her Trosper birthday...the day she met and joined her family!

God is good! No matter what the circumstances look like, He is above and beyond circumstances! I praise Him for His fingerprints and can't help but wonder how many prints I have missed seeing in other areas of my life. I pray I can keep my eyes open!

2 comments:

  1. Deb,
    It has been so exciting and such a privilege to join you on this journey in prayer! Thanks for sharing this with us and we are still praying that the rest of the process goes smoothly and you can get Alexandra to her forever home soon!

    Love ya!
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, God is so good. She's beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. Am praying that you girls get home soon! Becca looks sooo grown up. And gorgeous. Actually, all of your children are.

    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete