Sunday, June 21, 2009

We are home!




We got into the Atlanta airport last night about 5:15 our time. By the time we got all of our luggage, made it through a full blown temper tantrum and found Layne, we were off and on our way home to Millbrook. We stopped for dinner at Chick Fil A. (Not sure if she was as impressed as we always are...we love that place.) We got to the house about 9:30. Alexandra was in overload as she checked it all out. I was too tired to remember to get the camera or video camera out, but it was quite fun. She is petrified of Petey our dog. Even after all she talked about him, she is scared to get too close. He of course is oblivious.

She is having a blast today with her brothers and Becca. They are enjoying the Slip and Slide and having tons of water fun! It is so good to be home with her. The highlight of my weekend was sitting down for the great breakfast Layne fixed this morning and having all 6 chairs at the table filled up!
(Just FYI, this girl LOVES her bacon...I knew she was a Trosper!) We will continue to post as the sumer goes on. I know there are new challenges ahead, but being home all together has already made such a difference (at least in me). Thank you for all the continued prayers. We are still in awe of the great things He has done!

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY FATHERS DAY LAYNE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful. Keep us updated on the transition. I am curious to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, She is beautiful! I am so glad you all are finally home together. I wish I could see her face to face and give her lots of hugs! YOU are a super mother and have a wonderful family. Hang in there through the trying times. You know God is there to help. He has proven over and over again hoe good He is and hoe perfect His timing is. I love you guys. Miss you terribly! give everyone a hug for me and tell Becca to slow down on the growing up. She is gorgeous! Love you girl! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to get caught up on your travels and bringing her home! I was at my parents and could not get online very often as they don't have high speed! :-) So glad you got "the letters"...I should have cleaned them first...so sorry! I just wanted to get them to you for when you got home! Love ya, my friend! I cannot wait to meet this angel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God! How exciting! I can't believe you were able to get home a week early! So great! I look forward to your continued journey and pray that one day we will meet as co-adoptive parents, as our family anticipates following your footsteps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God. I am so thrilled that you are all united again. God has truly been faithful to you all and I am so excited to hear what the future holds as you adjust at HOME!

    ReplyDelete